Saturday 27 October 2012

Another week in my wardrobe.

Hi People,

Hope you're all wrapped up warm today, and don't have to venture to far outside. As weeks go, it's been pretty good, the end still threatens to be rather full as I'm out with the young crowd tonight celebrating a 33rd birthday, & it's great to be alive. 

Monday

On Monday I fancied wearing flats so opted for brogues, a black trouser suit by Tu at Sainsbury's, & added a simple cream blouse with black lace collar.







The following day, I was back in heels, so went for my favourite wide legged trousers, and a white wrap shirt, which I accessories with some shocking pink fringe earrings and a pink neck piece.  Both very simply but effective. I took a close up, so you get a better look at the Jewellery.
Tuesday's Jewellery
Tuesday

Wednesday



So on Wednesday I decided to try & stay warm, as the office was beginning to get a slight chill.  I go for a wool skirt, which is around 15 years old, but one of my winter favourites.  It's a Betty Jackson, & was one of those pieces I paid that little extra for, which was well worth it, as it's seen the test of time.  I teamed it with a black vest, Colbait blue cardigan & a blue & white scarf to keep my neck warm.  I do have a thing about scarfs,  I have too many to count, in all different prints, fabrics & colours  They do two things, brighten up an outfit & keep me warm, the later is very important to me in the winter.  You probably all own them yourselves, but for those of you who don't, they sell them everywhere. Some stores are a little pricey, but I usually don't buy them full price if they are, I just wait for them to go down in the sales.  They always do.

This Thursday evening, I was off to the Theatre Royal Bar, Stratford, where my Daughter was singing on Press night for Martina Cole's, Dangerous Lady's production.  I used it as an opportunity to catch up with friends, & family as it's a cool setting, while supporting and listening to her dulcet tones with the lovely Andy Black on acoustic guitar.  If you're ever looking for a chilled out evening & want to hear beautiful intimacy to soaring soul diva, with Andy a guitarist with a strong creative ear, & a unique style & sound that complements Reese's vocals perfectly. check on line @Stratford East.com, or Google; Reese Robinson & Andy Black.

Statement jewe

Day & Night Thursday





As I had to go to work first I still needed to be appropriately dressed for the office, so I choose a textured Peplum top, with a bubble effect pencil skirt with lots of lycra in it, to allow for free movement; both from Tu.  I team the outfit with pointed heels, & bold Silver Jewellery. (photo, right)  Both pieces were really inexpensive, & in stores now.  Peplum tops are a great way to hide a tummy, if you have one.




Friday Dress down day
Posh Wellies




The best day of the week.... Friday & it's dress down day, so I think ease & comfort. I go for an animal print blouse, with a vest for warmth & cover underneath, thick materiel, black Leggings with a faux leather strip down the leg & Wellies.  Although they may not look like wellies, they are.  The label actually said "Posh Wellies" (hummm).  They were £70 in Debenham, but I found them for just over half the price in TKMaxx,   As they fulfill three jobs, I figure that a steal.  They keep the rain out, they don't look like wellies as they're not all rubber, and they're on trend with the studded straps around the ankle.   The straps can simply be removed, when the trend ends. 
Keeping warm & feeling good

For outdoor wear I borrow my daughters Jacket, which matches my floppy hat and scarf.  All the ingredients to keep the cold out, while still feeling great.

So that has been my week. I'm currently in my dressing gown and having a lazy Saturday, but have to run now, as I need to find a warm, comfy but stylish outfit for my night out in Shorditch with the birthday girl later. 

Have a great weekend guys.

Until next week.


Stylish At50







Stylishat50@gmail.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment