Sunday 7 October 2012

Day 5.5

Hey readers,

As promised here's a pic of my chosen ensemble last night.




My dress is from French Connection's summer sale.  My black heeled shoes are from Zara, I stole my daughters Navy blue feather earrings, wore a large black bracelet, and a small Dinny Hall Silver wishbone pendant around my neck.  A gift from my darling daughter many years ago.










That was the only pic I took all night, and I really should  have taken one with my bag and coat but forgot.  Still getting used to this taking pics of myself.  Anyway I wore a faux fur shrug, and a Red Quilted hand bag; Both from French Connection  








 Here's a pic of the bag so you get the idea;




I will admit I was a little conscious of having 'a cleavage', which  I admire on other people, but I'm never usually comfortable about my own. I guess in my day, having anything larger than a B cup was abnormal, now it's totally the thing to be proud of.   I asked my Daughter if she thought it was too much, and she looked at me like I was crazy. 

As you can see, In owning my hours glass body shape, I took the plunge and wore it. Those of you who think Carol Vorderman is too old, so shouldn't wear body con dress's, I have to say I disagree. Firstly, they say 50 is the new 40. Are they wrong?.  Are we anything like our mothers were at this age?  I know I certainly am not.  The world has changed so much since their day.  I believe woman should celebrate her curves regardless of their age.  Like me she spent years in a body she didn't really like, so when she got it to a place she liked, she celebrated it.  I took much much longer, I know.  what a waste eh!  She is not the stick thin woman that the media happily tell us is how a woman should be, and that is why I like that she has a shape, and is happy to show it.  If she did not have the body for it then, I might disagree.  but we are all different, so everyone is entitled to their opinion on Fashion and what works for them.
Glamourpuss: Carol usually favours figure-hugging dresses to wear to work

So there you have it.  Too much to do today, so I will leave it there.  Oh and Yes the party was 'great'.

Have a great week ppl.

Stylish AT50

2 comments:

  1. Only 2 words for U Fran, Gorgeous & Inspirational. U have a gr8 day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colin. Just seen this Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete