Saturday 20 October 2012

Bag Lady

Hello readers,

This week hasn't stretched me too far in having to find daily outfits, as for two of the days I was in uniform.  As I failed to take the pic last week, I have made a concerted effort and taken a snap for the blog this week.
Uniform


Everyone ties their scarves loosely around their neck, but I tend to tie mine in a bow.  When you have short hair, you tend to make everything around your neck area a little more vocal and feminine. 

On Thursday I kept it simple with a blue boxed top with Zip detailing at the back.   I teamed that with a simple black skirt, and a black fitted jacket. Then accessories with a blue skinny belt, a black beaded necklace, bracelets, feathered earrings, Black court heels and a Large Black bag. (see below)

 Zip detailed blouse -Tu for Sainsburys

 


Large bag- Zara









Although, I am not holding a bag in the photo's, it is essential to every outfit.  Most ladies never leave the house for work without a hand bag.  I am a lover of Tote's and large handbags.  I love a bag that makes a statement too.





I am obsessed with them & have way too many, so when I see them in the shops, I try to walk away.  When I say I have too many, I mean to store/fit on the top of my wardrobe. I literally have no more room for storage.

As well a what you wear, your bag can make a statement.  I've found in the last 6 years, when I view women, their shoe is the first thing my eye is drawn to, the second thing is their handbag.  That for me is because they are the two items that make or break an entire outfit.

There are many different types on the market right now, and the latest trend appears to be the Bag in a bag. Which is a great idea.  It means you can have a simple clutch or messenger inside your bag, which can allow you to go from Day to night in an instant (most come with an attachable strap). 

Large bags are everywhere.  For me they are great for work, as I carry all the usual things a lady does, as well as my shoes, breakfast, fruit, & lunch, all in one bag, so they save me carrying two bags everywhere. 

Here are a few that caught my eye.  Some may be designer, but you can use them to inspire any that might be out there, in copy form.  As most of you know, everything in a high street (not incl. High end) is usually inspired by a designer somewhere.  They are copied, changed mainly to avoid copyright, and so that they are practical for everyday wear and placed in your popular high street store. that the ordinary woman like myself can afford and use.
Classy Lady's bag - River Island
Studded Shopper - Zara




Plaited Shopper - Zara
Two tone Shopper- Zara
Large Red Tote
Chloe 50889 Fashion Lambskin Bay Large Bag Cracker Earth yellow
 lambskin Tote - Chole
Cream Anabita Tote Bag - French Connection
I own 4 of these bags, and yes like most women into fashion, I'd love to owned them all.  Like the rest of my wardrobe, l love colour in bags and shoes also.
Michael Kors Hamilton Bag

If you want to give your wardrobe a kick for this winter season, start shopping around for your statement bag.  Everyone's will be different, as we have different tastes.   It doesn't have to be in the bright colours as above, but in sharp contrast it also doesn't need to be the plainest bag in the store.  Are you ready to make a statement with your, bag even if you don't feel ready yet to change the way you think about your clothing wardrobe?.

Remember my pet hates; well my one on bags is; grown woman with bags that only an 8 year old girl, would get away with.  If any of you watch Eastenders and remember Heather Trott.  Well she was a prime example of why for me, it looks strange.   She was a lovely character with a big heart, but I'm guessing she was not supposed to be your average woman either, so the Wardrobe/producers giving such a grown woman, a bag fit for a child, kinda makes sense.   Unless you are going out for an evening, I personally don't get it.  In my opinion and it is only My opinion, it does nothing to make your wardrobe look the best it can be. 


TKMax is a good store to look for bags, and they always have a large range.  Lots of stores like Zara, Accessories, M&S, Debenhams, Mango, River Island, French Connection, Top shop, Aldo etc have a good selection of great bags.  If they are slightly outside of your price range, then remember Xmas is coming and if anyone wants to buy you a gift, ask them for a bag only if they know your tastes though, or gift cards from the store where you saw our dream bag.  The black one above from Zara was purchased with a gift card from my wonderful team last Xmas, & the Tan one with the purse from RI, was a gift from my beautiful family, for my 50th birthday last month.  That way, your loved one or friend etc, doesn't have to wreck their brains thinking of what to get you.  Then you just make up the difference to purchase your statement bag.  If you find the right one, you should be able to use it for years, as it should not date.

Anyway its a Saturday so still lots to do.

Until next week people, be safe





Stylish AT 50









No comments:

Post a Comment