Saturday 13 October 2012

A week in my world

Hi Readers,

Hope you are all well this Saturday afternoon.  This time around I am going to take you through my week. Lots on so it needs to be an easy one, so I've decided on the easy option.....dresses. 

I start on Monday morning with a red dress from Tesco's, platform heeled court shoes, with red, black & white accessories.
Monday



On Tuesday I go for colour in motion.  My dress is from Sainsbury's, last seasons Gok Wan collection, purchased at 1/2 price in the sales, green platform heeled court shoes from Primark & green accessories.




Tuesday 


Wednesday, I opt for another Tesco's number in Oxblood, which I match with a Grey Cardigan from H&M, Grey suede heeled shoes, and a bag, within a bag from TKMaxx. 
Wednesday










On Thursday, I was in uniform, (part of the job) which I didn't photograph, simply because I forgot, so my apologies. 

Yesterday, I had a well earned day off and was meeting a friend for lunch.  I went for comfy & casual & decided on black leggings, a black polo neck jumper, a light coat, wedged boots and matching accessories.


 

My Vision Board

Friday Lunch date

Above is a vision board of how I put my outfit together.  I started with the bag.  On the right is the finished product.  Just before leaving the house the sun began shining, so I pop on a pair of shades to block out the brightness of the sun.

Dresses

If your time is precious, dresses are really simple to wear.  All you have to think about is, footwear, accessories & an outdoor jacket or coat. 

As well as stores like M & S, & Debenhams, if you don't have the money for expensive clothing for work, supermarket stores do a great range of dresses that are reasonably priced & fashionable.  All the ones I own, are also wash & hang, so save on ironing.  If you are a busy woman on the go, then you might consider them.  In addition to comfort, dresses make me feel feminine.  Having short hair means I tend to keep my look as soft as possible, so dresses do a great job of that.  There are lots of different styles. So no matter what body shape or size you are, there will be one or two that flatters your shape. 


F&F Colour block military dress
Tesco's Military Style dress
Julia Studded shoulder dress
Tesco's studded shoulder dress

Here are two examples of dresses appropriate for the office that can be purchased at reasonable prices. My Monday & Wednesday choices above, are both at least 5 years old, so they are pretty good value for money, and will last you a few years.  You will notice that both of these dresses have dark panels on the sides, which give the illusion of making you appear slimmer and more shapely.  Hence the name Optical illusion dresses. The one on the right also has the added detail of gathering along one side, which is great for hiding a tummy as well as anything else, we might want to cover up.  They are both on line now, so try them out if you feel like a change.

I will leave it there for this week, and hope you enjoyed the read.  Have a lovely evening and enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'm off for a lovely glass of Processco and a night in front of the box.

Take Care 


Stylish AT50



 

No comments:

Post a Comment