Saturday 3 November 2012

Winter's Here.

Hi people,




This week has seen a real drop in temperature so my heating at homes is on constantly.  Unfortunately, I still have to venture outside to go to work, so thinking of what to wear means two things, stay warm and feel good.  That for me, is a challenge in itself.  So this week on Monday I wore a wool dress from Great Plains, and teamed it with red shoes, a red bag & black & red accessories.  On Tuesday I wore a grey dress from Matalan a few years back, with Oxblood tights and Wedged Boots.

Monday
Tuesday
It's getting colder & wetter so boots are coming out to stay I think.  I wear my wellies & black Opaque tight with a Red dress also from Matalan a few years back.  Lastly on Friday I kept it casual with a brown River Island top & brown straight legged Jeans, with a fawn cardigan from Primark, which I team with animal print Jewellery, 
Thursday




 
Friday


The only thing I like about winter, is that I love knee length boots.  I had a request from one of my readers last week to source boots that fit a larger calf,  I pointed her in the direction of the Evans site, and lone behold she found 2 pairs;   Here's one of the ones she choose. 
 




Large calves is something I also have.  If I like a pair of boots & it fits, I tend to buy them, as it's always such a struggle to find them.  I should add that I always purchase them in the sale though.  I don't believe I've ever paid full price for a pair. It does mean you some times have to wait till January as well as be in the right place at the right time, but that applies to lots of things in life I guess. 

GENERAL KNEE BOOT TAN LEATHERGENERAL KNEE BOOT BLACK LEATHER
Style number 1191245008
Boots evolve in style every year, & I must admit I don't always like the new styles that come out.    This pair on the left are from Office.  They cost £110  have a bit of a chunky heal on them and come in black & tan.



I tend to like simple neat looking boots.  I don't mind certain twist on them, like the pair below but I am rather particular about the twist. The type of twist I mean is as seen below on this Betty Jackson pair below with a feature back Zipper, and they are currently available in the Sales. 
http://debenhams.scene7.com/is/image/Debenhams/050010755560_1
Betty Jackson @Debenhams £60 Sale




M&S £95.00
http://www.pulitzer.org/imported-data/year/2006/criticism/works/rice.jpg
Condolessw Rice in Great boots


This pair on the right is ideal for formal or office wear.  I'm quite lucky in that I work in an office that is a little relaxed, so can get away with a little bit of edginess when dressing, but if you cannot then this type of boot is great. 









There are lots of different styles of boots in the shops and on the internet.  Every ones style is different and it is up to you to choose what works for you.  The pairs I own don't date, so I can wear them year in year out without too many challenges. That works for me because I'm on a limited budget.  Don't rule out coloured boots either, See here's how they can brighten up an outfit.

The reader I helped with finding boots this week, I also helped to add Animal print to her wardrobe, as she is intending to go in a totally new direction with her entire wardrobe. She went all out & choose coloured boots too, so colour is not as scary as it sounds.  I was fortunate to find a red/oxblood pair last winter in the sales for £40.00, which I  love, but I should point out that I already own black boots that I can wear everyday.  Unless your coat or outdoor wear etc, matches your boots in some way, purchasing coloured boots could be deemed a little restrictive, so be careful if they are your 1st pair.  If you don't think you could be so bold take a look at Tan boots (example as per the Office ones above), they are also really stunning in colour, but not too bold, so will inject some flare to your look also.





Anyway I have a full day so I'm going to run now.  I hope you are inspired to think about the types & colours of boots to check out if you are on the look out for new ones this winter. Enjoy your weekend & your week.




Take care ppl



Stylish AT50



























No comments:

Post a Comment