Saturday 10 November 2012

Inspired by Fashion




Hi people,

How was your week.  Mine was has been eventful, in relation to this blog,  Which is the whole point of doing it I guess. On going into work this week one of my colleagues had on new boots that I noticed instantly.  They were Tan suede & were really striking.  On complimenting her, she explained that she'd thought about what I'd said in last weeks blog about colour, when looking at boots.  Totally chuffed by her admission, I asked her if I could take a photo of her in her new boots to post it for you all to see.  So here she is, the new inspired Lady in Tan.

Inspired colleague
This Monday I went for simplicity & wore a Orange Tu dress, which I accessories with Animal print accessories & Jewellery.  I added a Orange tote bag & black court platformed shoes.
Monday's



I was on duty on Tuesday, so was back in uniform, but was taken aback when on saying good morning to my Head of service, he said good morning in return, then doubled back to tell me that he'd loved the orange I'd worn yesterday, how I'd brightened his day & was the office Gok Wan, so he may have to start coming to me for fashion advise.  I laughed with him, but was totally surprised.  It really was one of those O....M.....G moments.  I should point out, that to my knowledge, he knows nothing of my blogs. but why his comments were strange for me is, it's standard that women notice women, but I never really think about men at work noticing anything in relation to fashion. 
Wednesday



On Wednesday I teamed a Tu animal print Peplum top with black straight jeans, black court shoes, & wrapped a black scarf around my neck to break up the animal print.  I was asked by a number of colleagues where my top was from & they all wore the same expression "Really!!!!" when the word 'Sainsbury's' left my mouth.   


Thursday up close
Thursday
Thursday, I went for Palazzo  pants, again from last years Gok Wan for Tu collection, with a nude French connection Frill Jumper. I added a Obi belt with black accessories to finish my look. 


Friday
Final it was the best day of the week..... Friday,  I went for comfort & wore an old faithful black A line skirt from Zara, a black wrap knitted top, & borrowed my daughters leather bomber Jacket, which she probably forgot she owns.  One of the ladies in the building said to me when walking through the atrium, "Oh you have on flats.  I've only ever seen you in heels".  I explained that it's my Friday dress down day,  to which she replied. "Oh OK!..... I'll let you off".

There are many women who I admire for their fashion sense & one of them whom I work with, has the ability to make Primark clothing look like Prada,  She doesn't read my blog & had been one of the women who'd asked about the top on Wednesday.  This Friday she approached me & said "look, I'm doing you".  Lone behold...... she was dressed in the black version of this top, & in the black bubble skirt I'd worn a few weeks ago (see blog 31st Oct 12).  She looked as amazing as she'd always done, but to think that she was inspired by me, felt even better.

So you can probably see why this week has been rather eventful for me in relation to blogging.  In talking about the things l like & think about when dressing, I've helped a few people do the same.


As this week I was able to make a few of you think about the colour of knee high boots, I figured I would tackle ankle boots of colour & style.  I don't have many myself,  but it doesn't stop me from loving them when I see them on women.  I was in the trendy streets of Shoreditch a few weeks ago for a girlfriends birthday & we walked by a bar where there were queues of people waiting to get in, & I saw a gorgeous pair of Pink boots on this lady, which really stood out.  Seeing the bright colour  reminded me of a pair I'd purchased back in January from H & M's (photo below) which I really must dig out again.

Coloured Ankle boots March 2012

I chose to team them with Colbait blue, but spring was just beginning & as you know by now I love colour.  Black is the colour that most people go towards in the winter, and we all know everything goes fantastic with black. 

There are some great coloured boots out there.  They go well with black trousers, leggings, jeans & long dresses or skirts.  If you are one of those people who doesn't like something about the upper part of your body, then use coloured boots to draw peoples attention to your feet. Whatever your hang up about that body part is NOT usually shared by the rest of the world, but if their attention is remove from it, it will just make you feel better.



There are lots of different types of Ankle boot out there, if you are not feeling colour maybe you could go for a pair with a twist like studs or wedged.

If you cannot afford the studded boots out there, you may already have a pair that you have ruined the backs of.  They could get a new lease of life by having them studded.  Don't do them yourself unless you have the a very steady hand, great creativity & patience. as they do take accurate precision in getting them to look like they were not a DIY job,  There is a company called 'Bling With Style', & you can find them on Facebook. 





On the right is a number of different styles to get some idea of different types of wedged boots on the market.  Wedges are great for comfort as long as you make sure the incline is not uncomfortable for 'you'.  I find that as soon as I put my feet into them, I know from experience whether they'll be a nuisance to wear or not.




I believe in comfort above style, but if they are not my style they remain on the shelf.  You don't have to buy them today, if you keep looking you will eventually find the ones that are right for you.



That's it for this week. so have a great week ppl.



Take care until next week



Stylish AT50



Email:  Stylishat50@gmail.com     
Find me on Facebook  like my page Stylish AT50

2 comments: