Saturday 17 November 2012

Staying Warm & Stylish

Hi people,

Hope your week has been good.  Mine, I am always grateful for.  Had a lovely evening out with friends on Saturday & was inspired by one of my stunning girlfriends who really knows how to dress her shape.  She had that certain something that your eye is drawn to all evening, (& it really wasn't just my eyes, believe me) so I had to take a pic of her for you to see. 
effortless Style

The world is certainly a different place now & beautiful curvy body shapes are at last celebrated.

Like all families my sister & I are different in age, shape, size & height, as are my daughter & I .  Two weeks ago, something made us all go "oh".........  I'd gone off to Sainsbury's for my weekly shop & as usual, looked around the clothing area.  I picked up a few pieces to try on, took pics of myself & went on my way, equipped to enable me to decide which ones I'd return for, at a later date.  2 weeks later both my sister & my daughter send me photo's of them selves, on the same day, from different post codes & ask the question, "what do you think'?.  My reply......I sent them back the pic of myself in the same dress. Hence the unanimous reply "oh", we all found it very amusing, but not really shocked that we had the same tastes. 
Same dress different bodies & ages


As you  can see the dress is a really simple one, made of soft jersey, with leather look panels on the Shoulder, a large gold zip detail down the back & you can dress it up or down.  See here (left), my sister running errands added a small necklace, patterned tights, & black boots.  While my daughter who was off to do a gig, dresses it up with a quirky camera charm necklace, added my belt & rocks a pair of platformed shoe boots.  They are also two different shapes & sizes, but both look great in the dress.  Three women from the same family, all have the same taste.  Not bad as that's three wardrobes & some things cross over 'very' well. 


My week was a full one & with Xmas fast approaching there's lots going on.  Here's a snapshot of three of those days in pictures, unfortunately I was dressing to go to work & out straight from the office on Friday evening & was running late, so forgot to photograph my chosen outfit.


Monday
On Monday I wore a blush Gok Wan for Tu peplum jumper , with a pencil skirt & added a bronze buckled belt to create a break in the jumper.  I incorporated some blush Jewellery, a scarf, & black patent Heels.

As I was on Duty on Tuesday I was in uniform.

Wednesday
On Wednesday I choose a plain grey long sleeved T shirt,  a Grey tweed skirt & a grey fringed Cardigan from Asda.  Remember those bargain Red/Oxblood boots I told you a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to find in a River Island sale, well I put them on & matched my earrings to them.  I added my light striped coat as it wasn't as cold out there on Wednesday.


On Thursday, I wore a black skirt with a cream asymmetric blouse from H & M, sheer tight & black patent shoes,  I combined it with an old faithful fitted H&M Jacket as it was a little too chilly to just wear the blouse in the office. 

Thursday









 I find it pretty hard to look good in outta wear while at the same time keeping warm. I hate the cold, & certain parts of me have to be warm, so you will generally not see me without gloves, scarfs & a hat in the winter.

I have a few coats, but always feel like I should be purchasing another winter coat every year.  (I don't)

I like this Military style coat from Zara.  The material is luxurious, & the leather Lapels give it that trendy edge.   If you don't like the length, it also comes as a jacket, but beware if like me, you need Zara XL in some things, then leave it alone, as you would not be able to wear a jumper underneath it to keep the chill out.
LEATHER BIKER COAT
Zara military
great shape.

Premium Longline Biker Coat
White biker Coat Top Shop
The coat above is lovely but could probably only be worn by slim women, as it may have the tendency to make you look very bloated because of the volume on the shoulders & arms. if you are going to wear it as an everyday coat & place jumpers etc under it. It really would be something you'd need to try on to see what type of fit it is on you, before making a decision about it.  This White biker coat is very this season & it might end up in the cleaners rather often, but is a stunning coat. 


There are lots of coats out there this time of year.  I always struggle in  deciding what I want, but when I see it, I always know straight away.  Some years I never find one I like, so don't purchase one.  Coloured coats certainly brighten up those grey days, although they're probably not as practical, as they can restrict items of clothing & footwear that you want to put with it, but I still love seeing women in coloured coats like the one above.

Wrapped up warm



This coat is quite light & fine if it isn't too cold outside.  It is stylish so works well for evenings out or if you are driving, & not intending to be out in the cold for too long.  It has a great metal belt that goes with it & has gathering around the waist line which flatters a woman's figure, which in my book is always a good thing.

If you have not yet purchased this years coat, happy hunting.  Take your time if you are thinking of spending lots of money one.  Make sure you choose a timeless piece, so that you can wear it for as long as you need to.  Some investments are worth it.

Have a great week people and happy shopping.


Take care


Stylish AT50




email;  Stylishat50@gmail.com
Facebook;  Stylish AT50  

No comments:

Post a Comment