Saturday 1 December 2012

Xmas Dresses

Hi Readers,

So we're in December & there's only 25 days before the one day that everything is geared towards for three months.  The temperature has dropped suddenly but we still have to get to work. 





On Monday I was lucky enough to inherit a dress from my sister who has just lost 3 1/2 stone & could no longer fit into it, so that became Mondays work attire.  I would usually stay away from diagonal stripes, but as under the bust line & the waist area were cut on an Asymmetric line, it flattered the body instead of making it look wider, which is the usual rule with diagonal stripes.  I teamed it with all black accessories & a black blazer.




                                         ______________





Wednesday however I had a bit of a dilemma, as I could not decide on heels or Boots,  I tried it with both & they both worked so I finally choose comfort.  This is Wednesdays pic in Heels,





And this is this same outfit in flat boots.  I choose a white blouse which I found in the Miss Selfridge sales a few months back. A oxblood necklace & feathered earrings from Primark, leggings with a embellished waistband, which I purchased in Portugal a few years back.  They are really comfy & have side pockets & fake pockets on the back, so gives a pair of leggings a different twist.  I added a beige blazer, which I was lucky to find online for £10 from H&M last month. 

On Thursday I wore a Grey Blouse from Zara, with straight legged black jeans, black patent Shoes, & threw on a thick grey Betty Jackson Cardigan, which I've owned for about 9 years.  It comes out a few times ever winter & never lets me down.

I was on leave on Friday & went to Winter Wonderland in Hyde park with some of my daughters Choir, Singlolgy. then went onto The blue Kitchen Camden to meet the rest, for their Xmas party, which was advertised with the promise of a Soul band, which turned out to be a lie, but we still managed to have a really lovely day & great evening.  I forgot to take a photo of what I wore, but the day was a challenge, as it was around 6 degrees outside, so I had to layer up.  All I can say is there was layering going on every where & it definitely works.





Xmas Dresses    Xmas Dresses   Xmas Dresses


If you are one of those ladies who have lots of parties to go to & like me you like a bit of embellishment, but don't have the budget to buy clothes that can only be worn at Xmas, well there are lots out there, that you can get lots of wear out of.  If you are small or average busted then this maxi is great.  It is a little costly, but as you can see it is a bit special with all the detailing too. The Maxi retails at £120. If you fancy showing some leg, there is also a shorter version of it, for exactly half the price which also comes in black. 


Cream baroque print maxi dressBlack baroque print maxi dressCream embellished dress
   







Here's a beautiful elegant dress from French connection.  Again a little pricy, at £89 but you can wear this all year round & the quality at F C is second to none, so it will last years.


This Killer Maxi dress below is from Asos & if you have legs to die for, then its a great dress.  It's priced at £55 so a little nearer the reasonable price mark for most of us.  It is made from soft stretch jersey, so you should be very careful with the undergarments that you chose to accompany this dress

Image 1 of ASOS Split Thigh Maxi Dress With Embellishment


Like the model, this dress should be worn with a simple sandal & avoid any type of heavy boot, or shoe as it could spoil the whole look.  The trick when wearing anything with a split high or low, is to make your leg appear endless so do not cut it off with anything bulky.   With a lot of the embellished dresses out there, you need very minimal accessories.










Do you have a body that can rock a body con dress, but have very little to spend?  Then this might be just up your street. For those of you who are thinking size 10 & under do not be fooled.  I have seen sizes 16 & 18  ladies in a Body con, who look good in these types of dresses.              

Jennie High Neck Cap Sleeve Bodycon Midi Dress
With this one here it is totally understated, so you simply need to accessories it correctly & you will look as hot as anyone else in the room & for the grand price of £12 at Boohoo.  Go on line, you might be pleasantly surprised at what you can get for silly money on there, but I should warn it is geared more towards the younger women. 








For you ladies that like a little sophistication, Andrey Hepburn - Breakfast at Tiffany style, then this Zara dress could be the one for you.  It retails at £69. is classic & could be worn for years to come, & not just at Xmas.


I hope something you have read has inspired you today, whether in your daily work wardrobe of in the event of dressing for whatever celebrating you have coming up & for the festive season.

If you have any this week, have a great time.  If not have a good week anyway.




Stay warm



Stylish AT50






Email; Stylishat50@gmail.com
Facebook  Stylish AT50











No comments:

Post a Comment