Saturday 15 December 2012

Bags of fun

Happy Saturday people.

Hope you've all had a great week.  One week left & so looking forward to not having to wake up to an alarm. What a week it's been.

Last weekend was full & lots of fun, I attended my team meal on Friday, a Christmas Special at Da Scalzo's Italian restaurant with Reese Robinson, Andy Black & Singology Choir on Saturday which was awesome & really got me into the spirit of Christmas & finally the engagement of one of my heartbeats on Sunday.  After that weekend, although lots of fun, knowing what I had coming up for the coming week, I was truly grateful to be in uniform on Monday.



But from Tuesday onwards, it was all about pacing myself, warmth & comfort. I opted for a black Polo neck, black frilled skirt & black Shaggy Cardigan.  Outside it was -2, so I was going to make sure my body temperature didn't match it.  To brighten myself up I wore Oxblood tights & shoe boots & a necklace with colour.              Here's a closer photo of the neck piece.


On Wednesday I attended a family funeral & didn't think to take a pic of myself.


As Thursday was going to be spent in a training room & later that day, I was on the door at my daughters Singology Christmas concert taking ticket sales, I went for warmth again, so wore a red Jumper with zipper detailing on the sides from Zara. black leggings & flat boots.  I matched it all with a large red messenger bag & multi coloured scarf from Tu & wore two hats to keep my head & ears warm.  Obviously there are pros & cons to everything & having a shaved head means I have no hair to fill out hats.  As the red hat is a little big, it means I can put it on top of another, killing two birds with one stone.









On Friday I was going out from work with my colleagues, so was getting in by tube.  So I went for loose trousers, with a black polo neck jumper for the day & took my heels, trousers & a blouse with me to change into.

I also had to think about my outta wear as although it wasn't as cold yesterday, they reported high winds, so wore a black biker jacket & added a black & grey cape on top as I knew the jacket by itself wouldn't keep me warm.  

I later changed into black waxed Jeans with zipper detail at the foot from H&M, a floral blouse with built in vest from Gok Wan's current collection for Tu & black boots.  I added Blue accessories & off I went to the 02 to meet up with my colleagues.




                                                So that was my week in a nut shell.



Clutch Bag heaven


The one thing all women need to complete their outfit when going out for the evening, is a clutch.

If you are not into latest fads then finding them in the sale would probably be right up your street.


Wristlet Tassel clutch by Very sale £11.00


This one is on-line & is great because it has a section for your hand which makes it feel more secure when holding it.  The same bag can also be found at Littlewoods for £14.


                                             



Here are some of the many studded clutches around which are on trend right now.
ASOS Stud Foldover Tassel Clutch Bag
Asos, studded £22.00

Black faux fur £20 Fashion Union

Nude Faux Leather Union Jack Studded Box Clutch Bag
Nude Faux fur Union Jack studded Clutch £25.



There a lots of inexpensive clutches around, you just need to look everywhere for them.  Sometimes you can find them in the least likely place.  Make sure they are comfortable to hold all night, once they are full.  The one on the left is great, but will probably only hold a few small items.  If you have a large set of keys, a large mobile phone & the rest, it is probably not the one for you.




If like me you like things that are a little edgy, here are two clutches that are not your average clutch on the market.    They are little more costly so an investment.            


Steven Harkin bag


Steven Harkin Bag













 These two are also a little higher up the price bracket, but a girl can dream. 
Mulberry clutch bag






Burberry Clutch

Small clutch bags suit demure outfits, like the LBD, but I prefer a larger clutch bag.  The advantage of a large clutch is you can carry more in them &...... they make you look smaller.

If you are one of those ladies that have an insecurity about part of your body as we all do in some way shape or form & wish to distract from people noticing that 'thing', use your bag as a fashion statement.  People usually focus on the unusual, whether they love or hate what they are seeing.  That way you'll feel that their concentration is as far away as possible from your "Thing'.

Anyway, as there are only 2 weekends left for shopping, I need to go get some presents, so I'll leave you to get on with yours.

Have a great week people & see you next week



Stylish AT50




Email;    Stylishat50@gmail.com
Facebook;    Stylish AT50



No comments:

Post a Comment