Saturday 16 February 2013

Blouse season

Hi,

After living in flat boots for a few weeks, I've decided to go back to my old faithfuls purple knee high boots & match them with greys.  I will have to get used to wearing heels again, but it'll be worth it, as i am rather vertically challenged.

It seems to have warmed up slightly since that bit of snow we had a few weeks ago, so I went for a blouse with a light vest underneath.



Tweed skirt (Oasis)
Silk Skirt (Zara)
Fringed Cardigan (Asda)
Purple vest (Zara)
Purple boots (RI)
Purple feathered earrings (Primark)
Purple wooden Necklace & bracelet(West indies market stall)















 Blouses, are light & great for office wear.  The don't just have to be the boring types either;


This one, in animal print chiffon cost me £7:00 in New look's sale last year  It's pleated in the front with bat wing sleeves. 




The floral one to the right is from Gok Wans range last year for Tu & has a bow tie, making it very feminine.  

This one is from Zara a few years back around £12.00 in the Sales also.  Teamed with a buttoned up black blazer it shows the frill's off, in a different way  Check out one of my previous blogs, where it is feathered.  Same blouse, different look


Kourtney Kardashian's Kardashian Kollection For Dorothy Perkins Black Sheer Long Sleeve Flock Polka Dot Mesh Sleeve Button Up Blouse With Ruffled High Neck & Velvet Bow Tie Detail                                                                              This black poker dot high neck blouse is from the 1st Kardashian's collection for Dorothy Perkins.  I'd been searching for one for a while, so when it come up I grabbed it, as it can be worn for years & never date.  Plus it has that old fashion feel to it.


Last Saturday, my girlfriend & I went to a friends 50th.  I'd bruised the Tendon in my left arm that week, so movement was still very painful & limited & getting dressed took on a new meaning.  I could hardly lift my arm, more than a foot away from my body, so I had to chose something that I could get into with very little ease. 

I opted for a Zip front dress, another of Gok Wan's collection for Tu.  Purchased in the sale is was a steal at £22.50.   It is made with a control slip sewn in, which is a dream.
I teamed it with Red front Stilettos, (Zara).  Also worn this week by Rochelle Wiseman. (see photo below)  Added a Red Channel look quilted bag from French connection.  Taking the gold Zip into consideration I wore a Gold statement necklace (accessories), a gold cuff (Top Shop) & gold earrings (Primark)





All lined up: Rochelle teamed her black and white dress with a red handbag and a pair of high heels








As Spring is slowly approaching, (I can dream),  I'm looking forward to wearing lots of the things I purchased at the end of the summer sales last year & the year before.  There is something about brighter days that make waking up in the mornings for what ever reason, a joy.

Till next time,  Have a lovely week ppl. 






Stylish AT50


Email;  Stylishat50@gmail.com
Facebook; Stylish AT50

2 comments: